I am in shock that the year is already pretty much over. I feel like I've missed my whole year and that it should still be April! Oh well, that's what happens when you are an adult and are busy, busy, busy.
I don't really have much to talk about today but it's been so long since I've posted that I had to post something.
Life hasn't been super eventful or interesting lately. I just work my 2 jobs, a few hours a week at both, and go to school and work on projects.
I'm freaking out that school is out in two weeks and I have TONS of work to do still. I'll give you an idea of what I mean by TONS:
For my internship:
Need to sew a policeman costume, a beaver costume, Max from Where the Wild Things Are, 2 Wild Things, and if I have time also a duck. Did I mention these all have to be done by 9am Monday morning and none of those costumes have been started? Yikes!
For my sewing class:
Sew a pair of jeans and a mens dress shirt. I have both projects started and probably halfway done with the mens shirt but less than halfway on the jeans. Not due until the 14th though.
For my sociology class:
Luckly for this class I gave my final presentation this week so all I have left here is to read 5 chapters in the book and study for the final exam.
For my knitwear class:
Put together a sample books of knitwear sewing techniques and fabric swatches. Make a pattern and sew an outfit based off of a picture. I haven't started on my pattern and have been on the quest for nice knit fabric (which is quite hard to find in SLC).
And for my computer essentials class:
Put together a powerpoint presentation, do about 12 assignments and take 2 more tests. This is a hard class for me because I have a mac which means I don't have the microsoft office suite that is required for all of our projects so I need to find free time to go to the school or public library to do all of those. Not excited about that but need to get it done so I can pass.
My work life isn't too exciting either. I'm working 2 jobs. I still have my office job that I've had for over 3 years now but I only work twice a week for 4-6 hours each shift and my office is an hour drive from my house. My job at Banana Republic is going well but I again only have 1-2 shifts a week and the shifts are between 2-4 hours long so not much time there either which isn't really helping me stay ahead on things but I am fortunate to have not just one but two jobs in this bad economy but I wish I either made more or could work a few more hours a week but don't we all wish we made more money?
Something that is kind of cool is that a photographer contacted me a while ago and wants to partner with me on a bunch of upcoming shoots. He comes up with the concepts for the shoots and I design outfits for them. In return I get copies of the pictures and he'll build me a web page where I can show and sell my designs. It sounds pretty cool and I'm going to give it a try and see how it works out. It's kind of fun to hear some of his ideas and it will make me try different things which will help me learn and improve my sewing/designing abilities. Time is the only thing I'm worried about though. I'm supposed to be working on an outfit for him right now but am too focused on my school assignments so that dress will have to wait for a week or two.
Well, I guess that's all I have to share for now. I need to get busy working on projects
No comments:
Post a Comment