Labels

Friday, May 18, 2012

Fit Test Fail!!!!

So, living with a body builder kind of sucks!  Especially when my weight keeps rising and he is getting more and more shredded by the day.  I have never had a weight problem and I am not saying that I do now but OMG, I have gained some weight in the last couple years, and especially the last several months.  I didn't really notice it until 4-6 weeks ago when I could no longer fit into my Banana Republic work clothes.  I knew I was getting bigger but I was pretty comfortable with my size and thought that I was probably a more realistic and more healthy weight than ever before, which in part is true but was also in part an excuse because lets face it, I am lazy.  But it is really, really depressing and frustrating to have to try on 6+ outfits to get dressed for work and finally settling on a dress or a skirt because no clothes fit.  That would suck for anyone, under any circumstances but it sucks even more having an incredibly fit husband watching you (luckily for him and my peace of mind he doesn't ever say anything and frequently assures me that I look great - lucky me for having a sweet husband).

The past few weeks I've been slowly trying to put in a little more effort here and there to shed some extra weight, fit into my clothes, and be ready for swim suit weather should an opportunity arise in which I will need to wear my suit.  I ran the small dogs around the block one day (not too far but I was thrilled that I actually made it all the way around the block without stopping because I can't remember the last time I ran anywhere), I rollerbladed Zoe a few blocks one day (and thought my legs were going to fall off in the middle), went and rowed at the gym a couple times, and have been trying to cut back on sweets and sugars, remember to take my vitamins and supplements, and just in general be a little bit more healthy.

In one of my many Pinterest sessions, I found a website called www.bodyrock.tv and at the first of the year they did a 30 day challenge to transform your body (find it here).  So, being the overly confident and slightly in denial person that I am, I decided I could do it and that it was time to get serious if I want any change to actually happen.

I calculated my body fat percentage (26.33% - not bad for a woman but not great either).  I did this on BMI if you want to check it out.  I think my goal weight is about 20 lbs less and a BMI between 14 and 20.

And today I started the 30 day challenge.  Today was day 1 and all I had to do was a fit test that is supposed to last 7 minutes.  Piece of cake right?  That's what I thought anyway.  Less than a minute into it I knew I was in trouble.  You're supposed to do each of the work out for 50 seconds with a 10 second break in between.  I did each for 50 seconds have had several minutes between.  My results were below:

Squat Jumps: 22
Push Ups: 22
Burpees: 11
High Knees: 57
Switch Lunges: 11
Tuck Jumps: 26
Straight Abs: 22

It was intense!  I'll try and keep motivated and keep up on the 30 days but I watched day 2s video and that one is even more crazy.  It has 12 workouts and they are kind of complicated workouts so we'll see how that goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment