Labels

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Things don't always turn out how you plan...

So, wedding plans are going pretty well but I've hit a couple bumps.  The biggest is that my dress FINALLY came.

This is the dress I ordered:




I love this dress because it is so sleek and simple and elegant.

Here is the dress that came:


The dress is similar but is NOT the same.  There is not a train, the flowers aren't the same, the dress is BRIGHT white, and what bothers me the most is there is a seam at the waist.  What I loved most about the dress I ordered is how sleek it is and part of that comes from there not being a seam on the gown.  And it's hard to explain well but the gown I got is more stiff than the one pictured.  The one in the picture flows and looks like you would float in it.  The one I got does not feel or look that way.  I was very disappointed.

So, now I have to try to find a new dress and see if I can return the one I got.  This is hard because now there isn't time to have a dress ordered.  I went to The Perfect Dress on Friday and tried on a bunch of dresses.  Here are some pictures:





My favorite 3 were:




The top one can't get ordered in in time for my wedding so that one is definitely out which is sad but that's ok.  Right now I think I am leaning towards the last one but I am going to do more shopping this week so we'll see.

My other bump in the road in my wedding planning has to do with my job.  Back in January my supervisor promised me he'd give me whatever time off I wanted for my wedding but that isn't turning out to be the case.  I put in my time off request two months ago and he hasn't said a word to me about it but he called Jon (he's Jon's brother) and told him can't do it because someone else has that week off already.  That could make sense but I'm not buying it because the week before somebody else had off and one of the new guys asked for the same week off for his wedding and it got approved the next day.  So two people would be off the week before my wedding but I'm not allowed to have time off for mine since one other person has the same week off.  It's pretty frustrating.  I'm taking it personally since the other guy got his time off.  It makes me feel like maybe my supervisor doesn't want me to marry Jon.  So, at this point the plan is to quit my job two weeks before the wedding.  I don't really want to start my marriage off being unemployed but I've been looking for a new job since December and am not having any luck so I don't really have another option.  It sucks but if you are close to me you know about all the crazy drama at my job and how ridiculous it is so it may be for the best.  I'm trying to be positive about it.

So, yeah.  That's my story right now.  Hopefully I can figure things out soon!  At least I have my venue, photographer, and cake booked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment