Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Time to Get Back Into Fashion?

I've been thinking a lot about fashion lately.  I have been so disinterested in sewing and fashion for the last couple years because I was so burnt out but the last few weeks, or month I find myself looking at things and coming up with ideas of what to make.  I looked through a fashion magazine yesterday and was thinking about tearing out pages and putting together a binder of inspiration photos.  I've started subscribing to fashion magazines.  I'm thinking about starting a fashion blog from my point of view.  A blog from a non traditional fashionistas point of view.  If I could be called a fashionista.  I certainly don't consider myself one.  I don't track trends and I'm not able to look at something and know who made it.  But I love clothes.  I like looking at how things are made.  I love textiles.  I love style.  But I am not stylish.  Thus the non fashionable fashionista.  LOL.  I would love to be more stylish than I am but it doesn't seem practical for my means and my lifestyle.  I work in a warehouse.  I am not going to wear sexy heels and dresses.  And I'm cheap.  I don't mind paying for quality fibers and and well made things but at the same time I'm not going to pay $200 for jeans.  The bad side of knowing how things are made and how much work goes into making them it makes me realize what things are worth.  Jeans are not difficult to make and are made of cotton.  They are not worth hundreds of dollars.  Same with tee shirts.  I cheap out on those things.  But if I find a well made, beautiful silk dress I am more comfortable spending money on it.  I once found an amazing Ted Baker dress that I loved but when I saw that it was made of polyester and not silk I didn't buy it.  It wasn't worth the $360 price tag.  At the price it should've been made out of better material.  Anyway, I am rambling at this point but this is my point.  But this is what I would talk about.  I don't know though.  I guess part of me is nervous about trying because I might not be taken seriously and I might fail but I don't know why I feel that way because I don't have anything to lose.  There's nothing at stake.  IDK.  We will see.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a non-traditional fashionista blog! I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! I am really thinking about it and have thought about it for a long time so I should do it. I can't come up with a good name for it though so I need to figure that out :)

    ReplyDelete