Labels

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Working Out!!!

I made a goal for June to get into shape.  I called it "Get Fit June."  My goal was to do something active everyday.  While I didn't quite do something every day I hit the gym several times a week and am now in the habit of it.  My goal was to lose 20 lbs (not in one month but overall that's the goal) and while I didn't have any weight change, I am starting to see differences in my body after only one month of hitting the gym.  I'm starting to firm up and it's so exciting.  In the last few days I've noticed my calf muscles starting to pop out, my stomach is getting flatter, and I am definitely getting stronger.  Every day I am upping what I can lift.

There was only one day this month that I didn't want to go to the gym. I got home from work and had zero motivation.  But Jon encouraged me to go and I did and I was so glad that I did.  I pushed through it and killed it and I felt so good afterwards.


This is me at the gym today.  I leg pressed 200!!!  It was hard but I killed it!  Nowhere near what Jon does (1000lbs!!!) but that's not why I'm there.

July is going to be a continuation of what I'm doing but I'm going to try and start focusing more on diet and eating better.  Less soda and junk food.  Doesn't seem like it should be hard but it is harder than it seems like it should be.  I've slowly been working on cutting out sugars but I love sweets and treats so it's not easy.

Anyway,  I'm excited to see the changes the next few months bring :)

Oh!  Jon started a blog about working out as well:
www.massivejmag.blogspot.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment