When I woke up this morning I felt so happy. I am thrilled that Obama is going to be our next President. I believe that he is going to make huge changes in our country and the world and I believe that we are in desperate need for that right now. I am ready for change. I have hope that things are going to get better.
I am also happy to have been able to witness history last night. I am so proud that our country elected a black man to run our country. I thought that the racist biggots out there wouldn't be able to get past the color of his skin. The results last night proved me wrong and I am glad to have been wrong.
On a sad note, California banned gay marriages. I am not gay but I have friends who are and I love and respect them just as much as my straight friends. We are all equals. I don't feel like the government should try to control who can love whom and what rights they can have. I don't feel like others should push our opinions and beliefs onto others and not give them options to express themselves and their love for others. You don't have to agree with it but you should respect it.
Do not fear my gay friends. You will be treated equally one day. It is going to take time but it will happen. Have faith and keep fighting. Knowledge will kill ignorance.
No comments:
Post a Comment