Labels

Monday, February 9, 2009

Sad News :(

So, after waiting 6-8 (actually 9) weeks to receive my diploma in the mail, I was surprised to discover that it said "Certificate" and not "Associates of Applied Science".  I emailed the school to find out where my degree was and was told that Fashion Design is not available as an associates degree.

Having spoken to two different academic advisors and the head of my department multiple times last year, I was outraged and told the graduation office as much.  I don't feel like I should be penalized for doing what I was told I needed to do to get my degree.  

Unfortunately, since fashion isn't a degree program there isn't anything anyone can do so back to school I go for another 6 classes which will take me about another year to do which will make 6 years of consecutive school to get my 2 year degree.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment