Labels

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trying to Figure Things Out

So, as I posted last week, I got the job at Banana Republic.  I am excited to get a job at the first place I applied and at a place where I like the product.  However, I figure out my bills yesterday and with the amount of pay/hours that they've offered I'll only be able to pay half my bills and I don't have many bills to pay and can't cut any out so I've been a little stressed trying to figure out what I'm going to do.  I still have my job at Great Basin for at least a few more weeks so that will help for now but once it's over I will need to figure something else out.  I'm hoping that I may be able to pick up a day or two of sales (my job at Banana is non-sale, I'll be recieving shipments and putting out stock) to help fill the void but don't know if I will be able to.  I may have to start looking for another job.  Stupid economy!

I start my internship on Monday and I am very excited for it.  I think it is going to be a lot of fun and a great learning experience.  Plus sewing little kid costumes will be fun!

School is going well so far.  I'm only two weeks into it (14 weeks left to go in the semester) but I'm managing to keep up so far which is good.  I dropped one of my classes so that I could have some time off.  I thought I'd wear myself out going to school every night after working.  It was my pottery class so I'm a little sad that I won't be able to play with clay this semester but the class was overly full and I really could use some time off so it'll be good.  And I've taken pottery so many times before and there's always spring semester too :)

My darling cousin Michelle is going to take pictures of Jon and me and all our animals next week.  I'm very excited.  She does such an awesome job and Jon and I don't have any pictures of us together because we usually hang out just the two of us so it'll be fun to have pictures.  If anyone needs pics for anything you should check her out.  She really does an awesome job and does everything.  I'm going to have her take more fashion pictures for me in a couple weeks, she might do our band photos, she did Megans wedding, and she LOVES to do childrens photography.  Check out her site if you are interested: http://throughmichelleslense.shutterfly.com/

I've been casually thinking about advertising to sew Halloween costumes for some people.  Depending on how complex the pattern/how much fabirc I was thinking I could do that for like $30 for kids costumes or $50 for adults.  I haven't decided if that is something I should seriously do but I'm thinking about it.  I could probably only do a few but it could be fun and could help me pay some of my bills....  I'll have to give it some more thought.  Anyone have some input?

I also am going to start experimenting with making leather bags (I'm pretty sure I said that before but I'm serious!)  Anthropology has these cute bags that I am using for inspiration right now.  I like that the first one uses fabric bias binding instead of leather.  I think it adds some extra interest.  I don't really like the shape of the yellow one but I like the detailing/texture so I might experiment with that.  And I just kinda like the last one all around.  As soon as I can afford to/have time I'm going to go buy some leather and get started experimenting.  I'm hoping to be able to start next week.  Wish me luck!
PS. Still haven't started on my October Evening outfits :( I am planning to tonight though.  I need to get on task and get them done.  I'll post pictures when I get started and have some progress made.

No comments:

Post a Comment