So, I'm down to just over 5 months until my wedding and I don't have anything figured out yet! I don't think I'm a normal girl. I haven't had my dream wedding all planned out since I was 5. All that I care about is having a nice, small, wedding with the people most important to us and getting nice pictures that'll last us forever. That's really it! This is making my mom crazy! LOL! I don't really care about the cake or the flowers or all that other stuff. I just care about being with and getting joined to the person I love the most and sharing that with our close family and friends. So, it makes it hard to plan all the other stuff when I don't really care about it. LOL! Don't get me wrong, I do want a nice wedding, at a nice venue and have beautiful flowers and a cake and stuff but they aren't the priority to me. I would be happy with almost anything.
So these are my inspirations so far:
I'm thinking about this for our venue (the picture is from my phone so it's not the best quality... sorry!) but I've also looked at Memorial House at Memory Grove and at The Point (which also has a great view of Salt Lake). And I was interested in Red Butte Gardens but they are booked for my date :( which is a bummer because it would be beautiful there in August and they have a super cute little patio over the pond that I love. Oh well!
I like these ideas for decor but am not sure how they would work if I went with an outdoor venue and I don't know if we'll be able to do them at all but these are my favorite decor ideas so far:
My colors are purple and orange (and I might add a green for an extra pop of color) so if I did something like the top picture I'd swap the blue for purple and the yellow for orange. I do however really like the blue and yellow combination in the picture... See, indecisive....
I went and tried on dresses a couple of weeks ago. My mom took pictures of me at the worst moments while I was talking and pulling faces so they're pretty funny. LOL!
This is a Vera Wang White dress for David's Bridal. It wasn't one of my favorites when I tried it on since it's so greek inspired but now that I've seen the pictures and thought more about it, I really like it and it's one of my top 5.
This was my first pick dress while I was at the store.
This is another Vera Wang White dress. It's very different. It's made of English Net (which looks like tuelle). Don't mind the stupid expression. LOL!
I like this one except for the big flower at the hip.
I love this dress but I can only buy it online so I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if I should buy it or find something else. It'd be nice if I could try it on before I decided if I want it or not.
So, that's about where I'm at so far. Not much progress.








No comments:
Post a Comment