I have now officially been married for 3 weeks. :)! Life is good and apart from some small issues things have been going very smoothly.
Our house still isn't finished so that has been some stress just because it's harder to know where to put things but we are making progress and hopefully we will have things totally finished and moved in in the next month or maybe two... who knows...
Our dogs aren't getting along super great (which I have been worried about since we got engaged) but we've met with a trainer and she thinks we can make everyone get along so we're going to be starting doggy training boot camp in the next week or two. I hope that everything works out and we can all get along. As of right now we are having to keep Zoe and the little dogs separate at all times. It's kind of a pain but I have a system worked out now that is getting us by but I definitely don't want to live like this for the next ten years (or more practically 5ish years since Zoe is about 8).
Those are the only complaints I have about the last few weeks (well that and I wish I had more awake time with Jon but we make it work). Other than those two things married life has been great. Jon is sweet and so far has been very helpful about cleaning and moving and all that not so fun stuff.
I decided a couple of weeks ago that Jon and I should each make a list of things we want to have or do in our lives to help us be happy. Not necessarily big things, such as a couple of things on my list are "I want to have time to bake at least once a week" and "I would like to be able to get a pedicure once a month." We haven't completed our lists but we've been trying to keep them in mind and make them happen. I think if we can make these little happinesses a habit now it'll be easier to keep them going. I think it's important to make time to do things we enjoy, both by ourselves and together in order to be our happiest as individuals and a couple.
I started back at school and so far that's going well. It's a little hard to stay on track though since we don't have internet at the moment so I have to make time to go to my parents or a coffee shop or somewhere to use internet for homework but it feels good to be back in class and finishing up my degree.
That's all for now.
You can check out pictures from the bridal shower Megan threw me with the services of Mara at Events by LMG at: http://www.utahbrideblog.com It was a super cute shower :)
No comments:
Post a Comment