- Be nice to sales associates. We understand you are frustrated and that you've stood in line for quite a while and maybe weren't able to find what you were after but we are trying to take care of you and get you through line as quickly as possible and we are often treated quite rudely just for doing our jobs. I know it can be frustrating shopping during the holidays but try to be patient. One rude customer can ruin the day/season for us but we have to try and keep a happy face and not talk back when we're called incompetent or insulted in other ways. Most sales associates make minimum wage or close to it so we don't earn enough to compensate being treated the way some people think they can treat us but with the economy being what it is many of us don't have the choice to do anything else. I hold an exceptionally high standard of customer service and expect a high level of professionalism when I am shopping so I understand both sides of the fence but if you are nice to sales associates you will get back what you give. People will be more willing to help you and treat you better if you treat them better.
Now on to the Thanksgiving post.
I have had quite the year and it has made me realize just how lucky I am and what a great life I have. I have an incredibly supportive family that loves me and takes care of me. They care about me and I am so thankful to have loving parents, grandparents, sister, cousins, etc. I know not everyone has such supportive or caring families and I know how lucky I am. Everyone in my family has helped to make me the way that I am and while I don't always express it, I love them all very much. I am blessed to have married my best friend and very lucky that he is willing to work 60+ hours some weeks to support and provide for our little family. If he didn't work so hard we wouldn't be able to live in the house that we do or support both ourselves and our pets. He really does what it takes and I am very grateful for him. I have such great friends that really care about me and are always there for me. I am very glad to know them and hope to be as good of a friend to them as they are to me. While I have had a rough year work wise, I am so thankful to have a job and actually have a job I enjoy doing. I work with great people and I feel like we are all friends and not just co-workers. Even though things can be tough, I really do have a great life and I am so thankful for what I have.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
And, Happy Birthday my Princess Zoe! You're a crazy girl but I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment