Labels

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions?...

I generally don't take New Years very seriously and don't make resolutions because what's the point of doing it when you know that they don't usually last and they aren't usually realistic anyway?  But this year I thought maybe I should try to be more positive and productive and actually try to do something so I decided that this is the year I should finish all the projects I've started and abandoned over the years.  I am notorious for starting projects and not finishing them so it's time to fix that.  So far I've finished 3 old knitting projects and am making great headway on another.  Not too big of a start but I am pleased with my results thus far.

Here's a list of other things I will be (attempting) to complete this year:

  • the suit jacket I am making for my dad (2 years old and all that's left is hemming the lining and sewing on buttons/buttonholes)
  • the work shirt I am also making for my dad (1 year old and just needs buttons/buttonholes)
  • jean quilt I am making for myself (1-2 years old.  Everything is cut out and just needs to be put together)
  • crazy quilt (started 6ish years ago.  I'm not really thrilled with how it was going though so this project may be abandoned all together.  I'm not sure yet)
  • wool coat I'm making for myself (3-4 years old.  All cut out and partially assembled)
  • sweater I started knitting for my mom (2ish years old.  It's not even halfway done.  I lost the directions a long time ago so that's why I didn't finish this one so I need to try and find directions to finish it or do something different)
  • face paintings (not sure how old. 4-5 years or more.  Maybe even 8 years old.  Yikes!)
And that's just off the top of my head so you can tell that I am definitely a habitual starter/abandoner of projects.  This is my one real resolution for the year.  I hope I can keep up the work and get these things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment