OMG! I decided a fun workout tonight would be to redo the fit test I did in May (remember that gem??). Well, I didn't have as much improvement overall as I would've hoped....
Here are my scores from May:
Squat Jumps: 22
Push Ups: 22
Burpees: 11
High Knees: 57
Switch Lunges: 11
Tuck Jumps: 26
Straight Abs: 22
And here are my scores for today:
Squat jumps: 18
Push ups: 21
Burpees: 13
High knees: 60
Switch lunges: 28
Tuck jumps: 64
Straight abs: 25
Overall things are better than last time. There is a lot of jumping involved in this workout and that kills me! I've been doing zumba at the gym with Megan lately and there is a lot of jumping in that too. I think I just need to buy a jumprope. Jumping seems to be key....
I've been thinking that I've been doing really well with my weight loss lately as I'm down about 17lbs since August but my BMI is not much better than it was in May so that is disappointing. My current BMI is 25.76 and in May it was 26.33. That's still an improvement though so I'll take it!!! I was hoping to be down around 22 by now though. Oh well. Soon :)
At least when I did the fit test this time, my heart didn't feel like it would explode and I did a few of my own exercises afterwards so that should go to show that I am progressively getting more into shape :)
I am learning that it is much harder to get a rockin' bod than it seems like it should be. I took that for granted most of my life since I was blessed with good genetics and didn't have to worry about any of it until well into my 20s. Payback is a bitch huh?! LOL. Oh well. It feels good to earn it. Even if it is frustrating things don't progress as quickly as I'd always like.
No comments:
Post a Comment