Labels

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Projects Galore!

Life has been busy but overall I think life is going pretty well.  As I said in my last post, I've been working in my backyard a ton.
I finished painting the side of my neighbors garage and got some plants put in.

I've been weeding and ripping out plants like crazy.  I pulled out a ton of plants that were surrounding my grape vine.  Now it feels so sparse but I think it's good it'll have room to breath and grow.

My vegetables in my planter boxes are happy and growing well.  I can't wait to start getting some produce.

I got solar string lights to hang along the back of my house and along the side of my garage.  I'm pretty excited about them.  Weird thing to be excited about, I know, but I totally am.  LOL.

Jon and I have been working on things for a couple months now.  We still aren't living together but we are spending a lot more time together.  So, I decided to finally finish up the "Man Cave" that I started about a week before he left last year.  He hasn't seen the room yet so hopefully he doesn't read the blog before he sees it.  LOL.  I don't think he checks it as much anymore since I haven't been posting regularly.

The room is small so it's hard to get pictures but this one gives you a pretty good idea of it (and is the majority of the room).

His guitar and bass are hung up so if he ever wants to play them they are accessible.  Plus they make cool wall art.  The black is perfect for the black, white, and splashes of red of the room too :)

This wall is across from the sofa.  Not too exciting at the moment but I love the clock.  I need to put the switch plates back on over the outlets.  Should've done that before taking pictures (and that's all that's left for the room so I need to get them done).  LOL.  I have a TV stand for that wall too so if Jon moves back in he can have a game room.  I didn't assemble it and put it up now since it would be weird to have an empty TV stand sitting there.  Don't mind my messy, laundry/storage room outside of the cave.

The "Man Cave" is also the animal room.  So all our lovely little critters are in there too.  I've debated about painting the cages white so they match but haven't decided on that yet.  And that would be a pretty major project.  Those cages are heavy!  Want to know what's in the cages?  Top left is a Mexican King Snake, aquarium is assorted water turtles, middle are two Chinese Water Dragons, and bottom is where Coco (see below) lives for the time being.

I made my dad bow ties for Fathers Day.  You can read more about that on my fashion blog (www.AnUntraditionalFashionista.blogspot.com).  I was hoping to have a bunch of them for him but they turned out to be much more time consuming than I had anticipated (turning them right side out was the time problem child).  So, I only ended up with 3 completed ones for him but that's OK.  Maybe I'll make him more for Christmas.

These are 2 of the finished ones.  He was wearing the 3rd.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to tie a bow tie.  I've tied my dads on him once before and didn't have any problems but I can't do them without a person or else I would've tied them cute to give them to him.  Oh well.

This is my new little love Coco.  She is the sweetest bunny I have ever owned.  She's a dwarf so she won't get much bigger than she is now.  But she is so tame.  I will let her loose in the front room to run around and she'll come by and let me pet her.  She is fine with the dogs, even though they are crazy about her.


That's pretty much all that is new and exciting in my life at the moment.  I'm just working, working in the yard, trying to get my house clean and organized, and trying to spend as much time with all my loves (animal and human) as I can.  Can't complain too much about life right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment