Labels

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Utah Arts Festival

I went to the Utah Arts Festival with my mom on Sunday.  I was hesitant to go because I hate how crowded it usually is there.  It's usually packed, super hot, and just frustrating.  I love looking at the art, booths, etc, but the people stress me out.  But, we lucked out this year.  It was crowded but not overwhelmingly so, and it wasn't ridiculously hot.  There were some really cool things there this year too.  I think it's one of the best years I've been to.

I talked about jewelry and accessories from the festival on my fashion blog so I won't talk about them here, but I definitely have a bunch of other things that I want to share.


This was one of my favorite booths.  The pictures don't show scale but the above and below sculptures are actually pretty large.  The heart is probably 4 feet across.  The one below is probably 3 feet across.  These wall art pieces were made out of metal from cars, street signs, etc.  He doesn't paint or alter the metal to get colors or patterns.  They were really cool.  I'd love to have one of these pieces in my house somewhere.  You should check out his work: www.anthonyhansen.com.



These were really cool.  Another one of my favorite booths.  I wasn't smart enough to get their information though so IDK if they have a website.  I love these though.  They would be so cool to have in the yard.


Awesome abstract sculptures by Brianna Martray (www.BriannaMartray.com):



Fun paintings by Justin Hillgrove.  What got me into the booth were his fun paintings of well known characters, painted in his style, and with a different situation than you would imagine them in (see below):

It's Not Easy

The Night Max Wore His Wolf Suit_800

But he also has "original" works of art as well.  The above are of course original, but I mean, not inspired by other peoples works.  They are really fun.  I love that they are whimsical and twisted all at the same time.  If you want to see more of his work, you should check out his website: www.impsandmonsters.com.

Lets see.... What else was fun...  I have a stack of business cards and a list of websites on my phone for stuff that I thought was cool.  LOL.

"Irrational Art" by Art by Fuhst was cool (www.artbyfuhst.com):


Oh!  I thought these were really cool:



They are batik.  I've always wanted to learn how to do it and this may be the motivation I need to actually try it.  Her booth was pretty cool.  You can see more of her work at: www.LisaUntitled.com.  I think batik is a super cool process.  Messy and tedious and I think those are why I haven't ever done it, but I will do it one day.  Maybe one day very soon.

And, let's share one more....

Amazing pen drawings www.Desaraelee.com.  These were really cool.  The internet doesn't do them justice.





Anyway, I had a great time out with my mom.  She's a lot of fun to hang out with.  And we saw some really cool things.  There were more neat booths but I think these were my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment