Every year I write a blog on MySpace about what I've done the past year and what I want to do the following year. So, here's to tradition.
2008: I didn't accomplish all of my resolutions from last year but I had a great year. The resolution that I did accomplish and am most proud of is that I have finally, after 5 years of school, earned my associates degree. I didn't travel monthly like I had wanted to at the beginning of last year, but I did take a family trip to Fish Lake, and I got to spend two incredible weeks in India with one of my best friends so I think that makes up for not taking many short trips. I accumulated more debt (because of India) instead of paid off my debt. I am $500 short of my savings goal but am estatic to actually have money in savings so I'm not complaining about that. I didn't hang glide but I took Jon and I sky diving for our anniversary and that was way out of my comfort zone so that exceeds hang gliding. I didn't go water skiing. Haven't had my turn tables out. Didn't take guitar lessons but joined a band and am playing bass so that counts. Not taking lessons but am constantly learning (and have so much more to learn). I wasn't too much more physically active but I did make more of an effort. Jon and I spent a lot of time this summer playing frisbee at the park, we went hiking, and I've gone to the gym a few times. I didn't study religion but I did some soul searching and am happy with my beliefs and where I stand with religion. Didn't learn to dance. Didn't get organized :(. Didn't sew through half my fabric but have stopped buying fabric and have donated some to SLCC. I didn't raise my GPA above a 3.5 but my last two semesters at SLCC I had a 4.0 which was awesome and my final GPA is 3.39 so that's not bad. I am happy with that. I did learn a lot new this last year; one being bass, I learned a lot about myself and relationships, a ton about money management, I had an internship making wedding dresses and learned a lot about that and how to run a business and the importance of integrity, I learned how those who have the least are often the most generous, and I've learned so much more. I haven't been more aware of news, still hate watching it. I still procastinate but am working on it. Tried a lot new. Didn't learn much about the people in my life...will have to work on that. Didn't make a video about my grandma. Haven't put much more effort into myself. Didn't do something good. Didn't play piano or pratice yoga. That's a run down of all of last years resolutions and where I got with them.
More on 2008: This year I started the year out with just my dog. Now Jon and I have about 17 animals (I need to count again but I think that's right). A lot of people think that sounds disgusting but it isn't as bad as it sounds. Everyone has their own habitat and we are very dedicated about cleaning and maintaining everything.
Like I mentioned above, I now play bass in a band. I also manage the band. We participated in a Battle of the Bands and won which was awesome and now we are getting ready for the finals round where we hope to win studio time.
Jon and my relationship has evolved a lot. We grew out of our childish relationship where we played mind games and butted heads about things and got jealous easily and now we have a more healthy, happy relationship. We never fight and are just happy. It is wonderful. I never knew I could be so happy with someone.
I participated in several fashion shows and had a great time doing it. Wonderful, beautiful ladies were kind enough to model for me and I am very thankful for them.
Now for 2009 Goals:
-Get out of debt
-Procasinate less
-Be more organized & declutter my life.
-Try something new at every occasion & be open to new experiences.
-Learn more about the people in my life and show them my appreciation for them.
-Discover what I want to do with my life.
-Be more active & healthy.
-Be a better friend & make more time for my friend (ie actually see them).
-Set a ridiculous goal and work toward it. Like write a book or something like that.
Much like last year, I want this year to be about self awareness, evolution and adventure. I want to have a good time and focus on living and enjoying life rather than just going through the motions of living.
No comments:
Post a Comment