Labels

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Hunt for the Pattern


My sister is getting married in a couple months and I told her last year I would make her a dress, if she wanted me to. She had talked about liking mermaid style dresses and really seems to like Jim Hjelm dresses (like the one below) so I've been looking for mermaid style/strapless dress patterns for months. I about decided I'd have to make my own pattern, which I could do but would really rather not.

Realizing that I'm running out of time, I have been looking super hard to find a good pattern this week and I found the perfect pattern (at least in my opinion) yesterday at www.sovintagepatterns.com but they wanted $195 for the pattern! That is ridiculous! But I was excited to know that the perfect pattern was out there and thought knowing the pattern company and number would make it an easy find somewhere else....not so. I tried emailing the pattern company, checked ebay, ksl.com, dozens of vintage pattern sites and was about to give up but finally after 4-5 hours of searching I found the pattern for $35 at www.evadress.com! that still is a bit high in my opinion but much better than $195. I ordered it up this morning and am very excited for it to come.
I think I will make a sample of the dress in dark fabrics for the Dark Arts Festival this year and get all the bugs figured out before I start on the wedding dress.
I am very excited to see how the dress turns out! I hope it's as fabulous as I (and Megan) invisions it! I better not make any mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment