Labels

Monday, April 6, 2009

Recording & Other Random Things

Saturday my band started the first of about 5 recording sessions we won with Gorilla Productions Battle of the Bands. I was super nervous and also a little sceptical of where we were recording (because it's in some guys basement) but it turned out to be such a great experience. I didn't mess up horribly, I learned a lot, and the guy recording us actually did a super awesome job, it is obvious he knows what he's doing and that he is good at it. We recorded at Studio 5.1 (I think the website is www.studio5-1.com if anyone needs recording work done) and I am so excited to keep working with Nick (the owner). I was going to take my camera with so I could post pictures but I forgot. I will take it next time. Jon and I are going back on the 14th to record vocals and bass and once we are done with that I'll post music clips online too.

In other randomness:

My old manager at Sur La Table, who is now my super cute friend, has the cutest blog and etsy shop. You should check them out: http://cecilyg.blogspot.com/ and http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6422961 She is a crafter like I would like to be and she motivates me to sew and do cute projects. I'm thinking of opening an etsy shop now too!

Jon and I sold our turtles and our snakes and now are trying to get rid of our cute chinchillas. We have 3 males that we are selling with everything for $160 (I just lowered the price today from $200 which is super cheap since a single chinchilla costs $130 at the pet store). So, if anyone is interested let me know. They are fun and have tons of personality, we just have too many animals, as those who know us should already know. I did get a new baby rabbit last Saturday though, to replace my mean black rabbit that had a tumor and went crazy. She is tiny and super cute. I'll post pictures soon. We want to keep trying to breed rabbits (another reason why we should get rid of other animals).

I guess that's all I have to share today. I'm going to start sewing more this month and will have fun projects that I can blog about (or so I plan anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment