Labels

Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I keep wanting my friends to update their blogs but realize that I can't be disappointed when they don't if I haven't updated mine in just as long so here I go...


Life has been incredibly busy this month. I had 2 finals and am done with school for the semester now which is nice. It was Megans birthday Monday. Work is busy and yet slow at the same time. Because of the economy I may be out of a job in about a month so I'm trying to work hard and tie up all the loose ends I have here so there aren't any messes left. And then there's the band....


Our show is Sunday which hasn't really hit me yet but is totally stressing me out at the same time. I'm slightly nervous that I won't remember how to play anything (but I think that is a normal fear...I hope anyway) but I'm more stressed about getting everything organized and paying for everything. We paid to rent out the venue (and it wasn't at all cheap, we've been told by several people that we are getting ripped off but we didn't have a lot of other options so we went with it anyway). We wanted to be able to put on our own show and only charge $5 a ticket so we wanted to be in control which is why we are renting it out. Then we've been practicing like crazy trying to get our newest band member ready and so that the rest of us are ready too. Last Saturday we practiced for 8 hours. It wore me out. Then we had to order tickets and try to sell them (very hard to do). I've burnt at least 500 cds to pass out with our fliers. We've hit a bunch of local shows, Liberty Park on the 24th, coffee shops, etc to promote. We bought a guitar that we're going to give away at the show. I worked a deal with a tattoo shop that if we put their name on our fliers they'd donate a gift certificate (which I picked up this week and they actually donated several $30 certificates instead which is cool). I've been working with the bands we asked to play with us to get everyone coordinated and talking to the venue to get stuff approved. So much goes into putting on a show that most people don't understand. And on top of that I update daily both our MySpace accounts, our Facebook page and our Twitter. It's wearing me out. It's good I only have 2 more days until it's over :)
I've been wanting to craft lately to have a outlet for all my stress and the craziness that is my life but haven't managed to get much crafting done. I started knitting a sweater and have a few inches done so that's something at least. I bought a cute embroidery pattern book: http://www.sublimestitching.com/craftpad.html I can't wait to do some of the projects. There's everything from cake to devils to jellyfish, etc. Super cute stuff. I'm making myself a jean quilt and am going to embroider the designs on some of the blocks :)
I made a bunch of buttens in my pottery class and think I might start making buttons regularly and try selling them. Haven't put too much thought into it yet but it sounds fun so we'll see what happens there.
Trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Especially since I might soon be looking for a job. Nothing excites me very much. I sort of want to open my own store but don't feel ready for that yet. I think that would tie me down too much right now and I am feeling like I want to have less stress in my life for a while. I haven't had time to hang out with friends in forever so I want to take some time off from being so busy and relax and catch up with the people around me that have been put aside while I've been working, going to school, and going crazy with the band.
In other news.... my rabbit had more babies. She had 9 but we're down to 4 survivers. These ones all look great though and are chubby little babies so I'm thinking most or all of those ones should make it.
Umm....that's all I can think of. Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment