Labels

Friday, July 10, 2009

Random Updates

I feel like I don't ever have anything interesting to blog about so I go for a long time without posting and then feel like I'm slacking so I do dumb random updates about my life. So this is one of those (in an attempt to make this one somewhat more interesting I'm including photos)

These are my adorable baby bunnies that we sold about a month ago to Marks Ark (our favorite pet store). They were so cute and I was very sad to get rid of them (especially my orange runt, he was my favorite and was such a sweetheart) but there was no way we could take care of 9 rabbits, especially in Jons one bedroom apartment so we sold them all. However, we are expecting more babies in a couple of weeks :) I love to see the patterns the babies end up with because the mom is white/grey with black eyes and the dad is tiger striped like my little orange one above. Our last litter had 4 albinos and I am so confused about how that happened. I thought that was a recessive gene thing and neither parents were albino. I guess I'm wrong about it being recessive.




I'm totally in love with this dress. Ever since I saw it in InStyle months ago I have been semi-obsessed with it. I want it. I think part of what makes it so stunning to me is the fit. It fits Meg Ryan perfectly and that really makes all the difference in clothing. I am a firm believer that you can wear anything you want and look great as long as the fit is correct. Anyway, I am thinking about making a similar dress to wear to my bands show next month (see my last post). I might have to make it a little more rock and roll but I think it'd be hot! It is such a classic dress it might not need to be made more rock.... not sure. I need to figure it all out (and find a pattern).



Speaking of dresses I'm in love with... This is Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. I think this dress is so much fun. More people should have short wedding dresses. It's so much more playful than the predictable poof of merengue that people wear.


Another thing I'm in love with at the moment. I saw this hair style online this week and want to do it to my hair but think it's too short. I'll have to experiment when I have some free time.
Now for the random other updates of my life:
Still in school. Pretty much decided I'll be in school FOREVER for my associates degree. I think I only need like 5 more classes now.... Maybe not even that many. Can't remember. It might only be 3-4. But it's Math and Science and stuff like that that I don't want to take. I am thinking about doing another certificate program before I graduate too. SLCC has a certificate for sustainability and I am considering that right now. I think it would be interesting to learn about and it's something I could apply to anything I decide to do with my life. If I do decide to do fashion as a career I could focus on sustainable clothing. That could be cool.
Still working at the same place. Work is super slow and therefore pretty boring. I think about cutting back my hours but I have to be here to answer the phones and everyone else is in and out of the office all the time so I can't really not be here but that's ok because I need to pay off my credit card so I need the hours (I'm doing really well about paying it off...hopefully it will be totally paid off by September).
The band is doing awesome. I think everyone has really been on top of things and working hard for us to move forward lately. We have a new band member and he is really motivated and driven and I think that has helped a lot. We are going to record 3 more songs next week and should have those posted on our websites in a week. I'm stoked. And our show is coming together really well. We're playing with bands we are excited to play with and looking for other forms of entertainment to have at the show as well. It's going to be a blast!
Jon and I downsized our animals to a more manageable amount. Jon now has his lizards and I have my turtle/tortoises and the rabbits. It's much easier to take care of less animals. Jon did buy a baby white throat monitor this week though. It's tiny and pretty cute. I'll have to take pictures of him. Right now we are calling him Bruce.
Things with Jon are going pretty well. I am really, really happy with him and our relationship and am pretty crazy about him. We never fight and are totally open with each other and it's so nice to have that kind of relationship. Earlier this year we were talking about getting married and we even went and looked at rings (which by the way, are ridiculously expensive! I'd almost like to get a beautiful hand me down from a great grandma or something and we did actually look at antique shops). We stopped talking about it a few months ago though. I think Jon got overwhelmed. That's ok though. I'm not in any rush to get married at all but at the same time it just makes sense with us. We spend so much time together and care about each other so much and it just seems like the next step and that it would make life easier (great reason to think about getting married huh?) but we are both young and like I said before no big rush. It'll happen when we are ready and it's better to wait until we are ready than to rush into it and not think it through.
I'm taking some classes this summer. I had a Natural Disasters class in May and it was really interesting (I blogged a little about it before) and it is what has got me thinking about doing the sustainability program. I'm also taking Metal Sculpture, which is awesome and I'll post pictures of my projects next week, and ceramics. I am not rocking it at ceramics this semester (or this year for that matter). I'm kind of frustrated that I've been doing pottery for almost 10 years now and I'm not advancing much in my abilities. I feel like I should be a lot better at it than I am. I think I'm just in a slump.
My family is planning a trip to the Oregon coast next month, near Astoria. Jon is going to come with. I'm excited. It should be a fun get away.
......Not really sure what else to write about. Guess that's all that's going on in my life....
PS. I hate that I type my blog with spaces between paragraphs and when I publish it the spaces are gone and it looks like one giant paragraph. I don't know why it does that and if it's a user error thing but it makes me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment