Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last Day of Summer

Fall semester starts tomorrow and it's always a sad thing when summer is over and school starts again. I think I realize it more this summer though because a) I thought I was done with school at the end of last year, b) I took classes and worked all summer, c) no big trips (except for annual family vacation) or summer activities like swimming, frisbee, etc. However I am excited for fall and think it's going to be a good start to other things.


I'm taking 2 of the last 4 classes I need to FINALLY graduate from SLCC. I would have taken all 4 at once but I need math, science, and a dumb computer class and none of those are very strong subjects for me so I decided it would save my sanity to break them up and take two classes each semester and really what's the rush anyway? I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done with my associates so there's nothing pressing making me rush through it. So this semester I am going to take Sociology (another required class for a degree), Computer Essentials, Pottery (of course) and a Knitwear class. I think it'll be a good semester and I'm excited to have another fashion design class to keep my creative juices going.


I'm going to start looking for a job this week and next week. I want to get a job at JCrew or Banana Republic but I want to work only weekday mornings so we'll see how that goes. I might sacrafice my Sundays too to increase the odds of getting on somewhere.


I've been having more time to craft the last couple weeks. I've made two dresses and am working on a jean quilt. I will post pictures soon. It's been fun to have time to do things for myself. I have decided that I want to start making bags so I'm going to go buy some leather soon and start experimenting. I've found some good tips online and think it should go well (or so I hope)


Well, Anj came to lunch with me so that's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment