Totally bored at work today and don't really have any projects to work on so I thought I'd post again (but am not really sure what to post about yet so we'll see where this goes).
I had a job interview at Banana Republic on Saturday for a stock/receive shipment kind of job. I think the interview went alright, not great but ok. I keep jobs for so long that I haven't had to interview much and so I'm not very good at it. I especially hate the hypothetical questions or the "think of a time..." questions. I can never think of good examples right on the spot and I don't want to sit there forever trying to think of something so I usually answer with something dumb. Oh well. They have more interviews to do so they said I would find out if I got the job the 3rd week of September. That's kind of a long time to wait (not that I'm in a huge rush but it seems kind of long). So now I'm thinking where else to apply. Probably J Crew and I don't know where else. Part of the problem is that I don't want to work all the time. I would love to work only 3 days a week. I'll work more but I would prefer to only work 3 days a week while I'm in school and working on sewing for An October Evening (which I haven't quite started sewing yet...I'll start this weekend...)
I'm starting to wonder about trying to work for myself and selling on Etsy or trying to do consignment at a local store. I don't know what would be good/fast/easy/profitable to make though. I need to come up with a nice/quality product that isn't too expensive/time consuming to make. Not sure what to do. If anyone has suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. Maybe aprons or bags or something. Those seem like they could be good. Maybe simple skirts or shirts. Knit hats. I don't know. I think it would be fun to work for myself though and that would work with my schedule/interests.
School started again last Wednesday and I keep signing up for more and more classes. Originally I was only going to take 2 but now I'm signed up for 5 and am thinking about taking another one. I was only going to take 2 of the core classes that I need to graduate but they've amped up the fashion institute so I'm going back to improve my skills and fill in some of the holes that I might have had when I did fashion institute before. I'm excited because I'll be learning how to work more with knitwear, I'll be making tailored shirts and jeans. Super excited to learn how to make jeans and have them look like store bought jeans, not homemade. I'm going to be busy the next few months but it'll be good.
I just finished reading The Time Travelers Wife. It was really good. It was recommended to me by a few different people that are in love with the book and it's their favorite. I don't think it quite makes it into my favorite but it was really good. I think I'll go see the movie soon to see how it compares. Now I'm starting Tuesdays with Morrie.
Don't know what else to talk about so I guess that's it for now
No comments:
Post a Comment