Labels

Friday, October 31, 2008

10 Years Ago

I don't know why but lately I've been thinking about how old I'm getting (which I'm really not that old) and how long it's been since certain things happened. I am awed to think that ten years ago I was in Jr. High at Hillside (nicknamed Hellside- I know original right?) . Jr. High wasn't particularly bad but it wasn't great either. I think being 12 is hard because you're trying to adapt to a new environment (jr. high verses elementary), you're exposed to a lot more (jr. high is where I first was around alcohol, swearing, really became aware of sex, etc), puberty is setting in, etc.

When I was twelve I was really interested in writing and science and spent a lot of time with my best friend in the world of several years, Mary (who I no longer see or speak too because our lives have changed). We would have sleepovers, dring Surge (anybody else remember Surge? That stuff was liquid cocaine), go to Classic Skating and Waterslide every weekend and were pretty carefree.

One of the things that I remember the most about Jr. High was the music. I think that is when I first developed my own listening style. Below are songs that I remember being out when I was in the 8th grade. When I hear the songs on the radio now I can't believe that they are 10 years old. It doesn't seem like that long ago. Oh well...

Anyway, I've begun to ramble so it's time to stop. Enjoy:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H25lz7gchaw



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5T3efSH6NU


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewI9QrMn0so


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh2SVuX03h4


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4

PS. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment