Labels

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Knitting Group



So, I've been trying to get my friends interested in having craft parties all summer but haven't had success.
A couple of weeks ago I was at Zims Craft store getting supplies for my fashion show last Saturday. As I was walking through the yarn isle it hit me. I should start a knitting group (because it would be fun to get together with people on a regular basis and catch up and so I can finish a bunch of old projects that I have lying around). So I messaged one of my friends that is fabulous and knows how to knit and she was all for it.
My mom taught me how to knit probably about 10 years ago. I doubt many people know it because I always was a little bit embarrassed about it and relating it to an old lady thing to do. Now that I'm a little older I don't care as much. I still think it's a little strange to announce to the world but it really doesn't matter.
Anyway, if anyone wants to join you are very welcome to. If you don't know how to knit I can try to teach you or you can bring other projects to work on if you have any (crochet, hand sewing, etc).
We will be meeting this Saturday, the 25th, at Pipers Quilts and Comforts (1944 South 1100 East) at 2:00pm and will probably be there until 3:30 or 4:00.
Check out their website for more information about their store: www.pipersquilts.com

I thought this picture is awesome. Someone knitted a cover for a stop sign post. It cracks me up. You can see another picture for it and read a little about it at: http://www.cherryflava.com/cherryflava/2007/10/knitta---urban-.html

No comments:

Post a Comment