Labels

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fashion Show Saturday Night

I have the great opportunity of designing a collection for this years An October Evening. I did this show last year and had a lot of fun with it. Last years show had some things in it that made me a little embarrassed that my grandparents and my 10 year old niece came but the show has been revised this year and promises to be a fun, more family friendly event. I am very excited to see Stephen Simmons and Matthew Pools new short films. I think that they are both very brilliant at what they do and can't wait to see what they've come up with for this years show.

I will be showing 5 of my designs and have beautiful ladies modeling for me and Megan Perry will be doing hair and makeup for my models. I'm still working on sewing (talk about waiting until the last minute - yikes!) but am pretty sure that I will be done and ready to go on Saturday. My clothing is supposed to be inspired by victorian burlesque (corsets and skirts) but I'm not sure that the theme is really showing through in my work. Regardless of that I am really excited of what I have done and think that it is still going to be a great show. For a taste of what I will be showing check out these photos from a design that I did at the Dark Arts Festival in 2007. This collection will reflect similarly to this outfit (and I will be using this outfit again except it is being revamped).





If you are looking for something to do this Saturday night (the 18th) you should come check out An October Evening at the Masonic Temple (650 East South Temple). There will be local artists, film makers, fashion designers, belly dancing, etc. Doors open at 7:00 and the show starts at 7:30. You can get tickets in advance at Night Flight Comics (210 East 400 South @ the downtown library) for $9 or they are $10 at the door. For more information check out www.anoctoberevening.com

1 comment: